Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Love Summer Thursdays!

I live for Thursday's in the summer!  When I was hooked on Grey's Anatomy, I would live for Thursday's in the Fall and Spring as well, but since I don't really care one way or the other about Grey's now, it's ALL about Summer Thursdays!

Back when I was hooked on GA, I made the decision that Thursday night would be my night to decide what we would have for dinner and we ALWAYS went out.  Mainly because I enjoy going out and another reason is to ensure we WOULD NOT be in the kitchen at 8 o'clock when GA was on.  Somehow, this rule stuck and I now decide what we're eating every Thursday in the summers as well.  I LOVE IT!

Last week we went to Olive Garden.  Tonight as soon as the kids are picked up (and because my Dad's golf  game was canceled and we can leave earlier) we're heading to one of my favorite places to eat "The Pizza Shack." It's got some of the best Italian food around!  All of their food is made from scratch and if you sit in a particular spot in the restaurant, you can see the cooks flipping the pizza dough.  We always usually share a large pizza.  It's SOOOO good! And more often than not, we have cheesecake for dessert.

There are two in close proximity to us.  One about twenty minutes away and one about 45 minutes away.  Oddly enough, we prefer the one that's 45 minutes away as opposed to the closer one.  The atmosphere is quieter and we think the food is better.After dinner, we usually stop at Starbucks just down the street and grab me a mocha to drink on the way home.  And then, usually by the time we get home, I have just enough time to get comfy before "Rookie Blue" starts and  Diana and I settle in for our Thursday night texting date as we watch the show "together."


For 13 weeks Thursdays are once again my favorite day of the week!!

No comments: