The park has this awesome Lazy River that you can get in a float and ride along and just enjoy. I've never done it despite my Dad's best efforts to get me to do it. Mom and Dad LOVE it but it doesn't seem like my thing.
My favorite part of the day is going to the Splash Pad where water comes up from the ground and I can roll my wheelchair through it and get wet. It's a tradition to let Lexi push me through it as least once....She laughs the entire time at getting me as wet as she possible can! This year, her best friend and my "second niece" came with us and got to push me through as well....I think she laughed harder than Lexi did! I think a good time was had by all!
Funny story: You have to pay extra for a cabana and a cabana boy has to take you to your designated spot. After he did so and brought us a bucket of ice filled with bottled water, my Dad tipped him five dollars hoping it would be an incentive to keep checking on us periodically throughout the day. About an hour later, Dad was floating on the Lazy River and Mom and I were in the cabana and the young man came up to my Mom and said, "Hey, you know what just happened? I lost the tip ya'll gave me when I pulled out my phone a few minutes ago!" My Mom said she was sorry and if we saw it, we'd let him know. As he left, Mom looked at me and said, "I can't believe he came over here and told us that! Is it OUR responsibility to keep up with HIS tip?! I'm sure he thought we'd just give him another five dollars!" After Dad got back and we told him, he had the same reaction. And then when the guy brought us more ice and water later that day and hung around after dropping it off...All of us were fairly certain he was waiting for another tip....He didn't get one.
After we were all watered out, we changed into dry clothes, said our goodbyes to all and headed home. Traffic was AWFUL and it took us three hours to get to Conroe (usually about an hour and a half drive) where we stopped for dinner. I didn't realize until we got home how....Interesting....My hair looked. Perhaps that's why I got all those glances when we walked in.
We finally got home a little after nine and by the time I showered and got ready for bed, I was too tired to get online. I'll try and post more pictures when they get loaded on to my computer. As usual, it was a really great, relaxing day! We always look forward to going every year and this year didn't disappoint!
![]() |
| Taken from our Cabana...Beach and Lazy River |

No comments:
Post a Comment