Saturday, May 30, 2009

Patience Pays Off

Last year on the fourth of July my parents and I were on the way out to watch fireworks when a song came on the radio that I'd never heard of but instantly loved. I was able to remember just a few of the lyrics and googled them as soon as we got home but came up empty every time. I e-mailed the radio station but they didn't know either so I e-mailed OTHER radio stations hoping they would be able to pick up on the lyrics I had. They didn't know either. I thought maybe I'd misheard the lyrics or that the song was something obvious and I'd just heard it wrong or something. Since then I have kept an ear out for the song every time I hear a song that sounds like the one I heard but have never heard it again.

Today I was sitting in the Hastings parking lot waiting for my mom who was getting a couple of books. I was enjoying a mocha (surprise, surprise) and flipping through the radio when something caught my ear....The EXACT lyrics I'd heard and remembered almost a year ago! And thankfully, the title of it was scrolling across the screen of the radio as it was playing!

Needless to say, I downloaded it as soon as I got home and have had it on replay ever since! Patience does indeed pay off!

Here's the video with lyrics. Stop my other music at the bottom of the page to listen. Enjoy!

No comments: