My Mom was going through some old papers this morning looking for something she has lost. She hasn't yet found what she was looking for but she DID find my certificate of baptism that the church gave me when I was baptized. With the date (April 18, 1993) and it was signed by our pastor at the time. Along with that was a church program of that morning's worship service and a copy of a letter I wrote (actually, I hadn't yet discovered how special handwritten letters are and I typed it) to my pastor thanking him, a copy of a letter my Mom wrote to my pastor thanking him, and a letter from my pastor telling me how proud and happy he was about my decision to ask Christ into my life.
It's a bit of an odd feeling to look at those things and remember that day that took place when I was only eleven years old. To look back and see just how much Christ has grown me and pulled me even closer to Him (and yes, sometimes I pushed Him far away) over the years. To see what He has taught me about Himself, myself and others.
I started this incredible journey with Him over sixteen years ago...What a ride it has been so far! And what a blessing it is to have those papers we found to remember it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment