Today was much better than yesterday. However, I'm experiencing some frustration because I don't exactly know where things stand. As I pray throughout the day, I keep thinking back to when I was praying consistently, daily, several times a day for Kyle. In a way, it was easy to pray for him because Kelly (his mom) was so great at keeping the blog updated as to how he was doing and what we could specifically pray for.
When it comes to what I'm praying for now though, many times it feels like I'm going in blind. I have no idea if any of the people I've contacted to try and get my story to Patrick have actually made any attempt to do so. My story may just be lost in a stack of e-mails or tossed in a dumpster for all I know. So, I'm finding myself repeating basically the same things every time I pray: "God, please just make a way when it seems like there is no way. Lord, thank you that you are moving in ways that you haven't before, Father, I just lift the situation up to you, asking that you remove every obstacle that's preventing this from happening, Father, thank you that you are right now lining things up, putting the right people in my path and that I am one moment closer to knowing that dreams do come true...."
As I sat in the car today while waiting for Kimberly to finish up in a store, I was finishing up this prayer for about the fourth time today. Wondering to myself if God was getting tired of hearing me ask for and say the same things over and over. I didn't know what to ask really and was wondering if it was enough...As I said, "Amen" the song, "Word of God Speak" came on KSBJ....How appropriate! And this verse came to mind:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." ~Romans 8:26-27~
I know that even though I may not know what exactly my situation needs and where exactly everything stands, but God does. And I have asked Him to reveal to me different ways I can pray about this. Until then, I will keep praying, lifting up my dream and my desire the best way I know how knowing that God hears every word, sees my heart, and is moving and working and that I am that much closer to Him making this a reality. As long as I pray in faith, He sees, He hears...And He WILL answer!
Thank you SO much to those of you that are praying with me in this. It helps and encourages me more than you will ever know!
1 comment:
I'm in tears... i love this post. It really touched me and where I am in my life right now. Thank you.
Post a Comment