Thursday, March 12, 2009

Double Dose of Doctors....

*Smiles at title of post*

Okay, I'm very conflicted...Derek Shepherd has left me very conflicted and NOT in a good way! I kind of really disliked him at the end of tonight's show...I get that he lost Jen and he's upset about that (heck, *I'M upset about that...I really liked Jen), and then he found out that he's killed more patients then saved patients. I get that he's depressed, and that he was drunk...REALLY drunk when he went off on his tirade on Meredith, I get that he was upset when he took the baseball bat and whacked the engagement ring across the lawn, I get that NONE of what he had to say, and NONE of what he did had anything to do with Meredith, I get his feelings, because I've been there...But still, I hated it. It was painful to watch and painful to hear. I know he'll come out of it and he'll have some MAJOR making up to do to make up for all of the stuff he spewed at Meredith tonight, but again...I hated it.

Want to know what I loved? I loved that Meredith gets it. I loved that she gets it because SHE'S been there. I loved that Meredith found out about the impending proposal and ring and didn't run away. I loved that she didn't freak out. I loved that she went straight to Derek. I loved that she got that he was drunk and the words held no truth because they were from alcohol and nothing more. I loved that she stood there and took every horrible thing that Derek said and still stood firm, refusing to give up on him...On them. I LOVE how she's grown!!! Oh my gosh...I'm SO flippin' proud of her! She may freak out the next day, or even in the next hour, but in that moment, she stood solid. Being there for him the same way he's been there for her. I'm SO proud.

On to another show that left me with no conflicts whatsoever tonight....

GEORGE CLOONEY BACK AS DOCTOR ROSS ON E.R. TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my flippin' goodness how happy I am!!!!!!!! And Carrol was with him....AND he had on a wedding ring!!!!!! I'm CONVINCED his hand was placed like that to make sure the gold band was visible!!! They're STILL SO GREAT together!! The cute banter and talk about the twins and the spelling test they had that day. Then the cuddling at the very end of the episode as they said "I love you" to each other. And I, in turn, said, "I love you too!!!" *sigh* THANK YOU George and Julianna for coming back! Still crossing my fingers that we'll see you again for the two hour series finale on April 2nd.

And NOW you probably have a better understanding of the title of this entry... :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was wondering what you thought about Derek's little fit last night. Mark actually laughed when Derek hits the ring with the bat. My commment about that, "What a jerk." That didn't make me happy.

Hope all is well, Nat! Love you!