Monday, March 16, 2009

Thirty Days of Prayer: Day One

I knew when I started this, that the first day was probably going to be one of the toughest because the Enemy doesn't like what's going on...I knew he would use lots of things to distract and try to throw me off...And I was right.

* Before I even was up and going good this morning, these people called to "check in." What a way to start the day.

* Mom and Dad were out running errands today and before they left, I asked my dad to put the hot dog buns down where I could reach them (we keep them in the bread box on top of the fridge). When I went to fix my hot dog at lunch, the buns were nowhere to be found. I called Dad and he'd forgotten to put them down. So, I was left to try and figure out what else to have.

* I was discouraged by the lack of support I seemed to have in this thirty day challenge.

* My parents came back in between errands and then left again. Two hours later, I was in the kitchen when I heard Tazzie start barking outside. Turns out, Mom had let her out to go potty and forgot to let her back in. There is a step down to our sun room leading to the back yard. If my parents are gone for an extended period of time, they leave an older lightweight walker of mine at the bottom of the step so I can let Tazzie out if she needs to go. That, of course wasn't there today and the walker I use all the time is too heavy for me to put down the step and then lift back up the step. So, I had to crawl down the step, to the back door and let Tazzie in. Mom walked in the door ten minutes later! Go figure!

Despite all of this, I prayed. I know the Enemy wouldn't have done all of this if he had not known that God was at work today. He wants me stop because he knows progress was made today.

Thank you dear Lord for the work You did on behalf of my dream today. Thank You that You are at work even now. Thank You for Patrick and his story and for what it continues to teach me. Thank You that I will meet him and say thank you and be able to share my story with him in person. Thank you Father that I'm one day closer to that moment. In Your Name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Don't become discouraged! You have a lot of fight in you and more motivation than most I know!