Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

Well, in order to comment on everything I want to comment on which really has no particular order, and to save me from pulling my hair out trying to PUT everything in order, I'm just going to do bullet points today, and hope nobody minds.

* First off, thank you for all of the feedback I got When I posted this. Just when I start to think I'm talking to myself here, you guys show up and share your stories with me and love and support me. Thanks to all of you that continue reading and let me know what you think. I've got some pretty awesome friends!

* Thanks also for the person that sent me the text several nights ago at two in the morning with the message: "I just heard about Patrick Dempsey leaving Grey's. Are you okay?" I think Kara and myself are probably the only people on Earth who get texts and phone calls whenever Patrick Dempsey is involved in something and we normally are the ones calling EACH OTHER so I got a real kick out of the text. My answer: Yes, I'm great. Why? Patrick isn't leaving the show...His CHARACTER Derek is quitting his job at Seattle Grace Hospital which caused rumors to run wild that Patrick was exiting the show, but no...Derek will be going through a bit of a depression when the show FINALLY returns March 12th which is allowing PD to grow some major scruff (much to Kara's delight) but PATRICK is staying put. And if you need more reassurance, here it is straight from Patrick Dempsey himself. Thanks for the concern over my reaction to it though...I feel loved!

* Anybody see the two hour episode of Brothers & Sisters last Sunday? Oh my gosh...Rob Lowe's heart attack scene has got to be one of the most realistic looking heart attacks I've ever seen on television....I smell an Emmy nom for that....Kudos to him and the make up department for the "look" they gave him for that scene. "Fix You" is now one of my favorite songs...That montage was wonderfully done! I just love that show! And I love Rob Lowe too...Have ever since The West Wing!

* Did a few tweaks to the blog. Nothing major...You'd have to really look around to find most of them, but it took awhile nonetheless. I'm happy with the end result though and really it's not so much for the regular blog visitors (Subscribers won't see any of it. You'd have to actually see the blog to notice any change) as it is for those that are first timers and don't know anything about me or this blog. I made the changes with them in mind, but who knows who else might gain something from it as well.

* Please remember to pray for Kyle Sherrill. He was supposed to have surgery today (March 4th) and there have been no updates to the blog so he's probably home by now recovering. Please keep praying for him as he recovers.

* I finally was able to buy the book entitled, "The Shack." Been wanting it for quite some time...I've heard awesome things about it (and Michael W. Smith is the first person to offer praise about it on the back cover so...there ya go!) Can't wait to get into it!

* Lexi is all signed up for softball....Opening Day is the 21st of this month. She's thrilled! We're all very excited and can't wait to cheer her on. Please keep her and her team in your prayers for safety as they practice and get ready.

* Austin is all about golf these days and of course, Hally Babe (Alexis' horse) those two things are all he talks about....And my dad loves it!

* I'm still volunteering at the church on Friday's (although I am taking this week off to go to Fairfield to watch my cousin play ball). It's not often he plays this close to us so we're all going to cheer him on Friday afternoon! Looking forward to that!

I'm sure I left SOMETHING out but those are my ramblings for now. :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I've been a bad blog follower, but I still love reading yours! Very interesting about PD on GA.

Anonymous said...

I love that you mention me in here! That's awesome, thanks girl!

Anonymous said...

As for the 2 hour "Brothers & Sisters" episode, kudos to Rob Lowe, for an excellent performance! I smell an Emmy nod. I have a bone to pick with ABC, though. They said that someone was going to die, I don't think that happened. A mistake on their part, perhaps? All in all, a great episode!