We're getting some much needed rain here this week. It rained most of the day yesterday and today. It's dreary and blah outside and if you didn't know any better, you'd think it was in the forties. Ahhh...Fall weather.
Days like these always bring back memories of college. I never watched the weather more than when I was in college because rain in the forecast always played a role in what I wore the next day....Would I go super casual because I'd be getting wet? Or would I chance that that forty percent chance of rain wouldn't shoot to sixty percent later on after it was too late to change?
I'm reminded of the times I would be forced to skip class because the rain was just too much or because lightning and an electric scooter just simply don't mix. Or the times I would simply have to suck it up and go because it was test day and would spend the time in class taking my test soaking wet, wondering why the floodgates of Heaven had to open on that day of all days! And then of course, the times I would already be in class and would suddenly hear the rain pounding on the roof and would know that I'd probably be stuck for a good hour after class was over in that building waiting for the rain to slacken up enough for me to make it to my dorm without getting totally drenched.
I appreciate the rain more now than I did then. It's day's like this that I see the rain coming down and find myself thinking, "Thank God I'm not out in this trying to get to class!"
Speaking of rain...You can stay dry and not even have to leave your computer when you vote Patrick! So, I ask you.... Have you voted today? If not, go now...Before you move on to something else and forget! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment