Friday, November 21, 2008

Adventures With A Five Year Old

Alexis spent the night with us tonight, as she does most Friday nights and as my mom and I were playing school with her earlier tonight (with my mom and I as her students) we were given the assignment to draw us when we had gone on some type of adventure (my guess is they are learning about adventures in her pre-k class). So, my mom and I got busy drawing our "adventures"...

My mom drew a picture of her and my dad at the zoo looking at a giraffe. Lexi didn't like that idea because "if you go to the zoo, you have to see more than one animal..." to which my mom quickly explained that they only got to see one animal because it started raining and they had to go home (My mom's amazing at coming up with this stuff at a moments notice...Must be all those years of teaching first graders). Lexi then thought for a second and then took my mom's picture and proceeded to draw black clouds and rain streaks all over the picture, then asked my mom if she wanted her (Lexi) to draw the car in the picture so she (my mom) wouldn't have to walk out to the parking lot and get wet...By this time my mom and I were rolling with laughter. Alexis however didn't think anything of it and proceeded to work my mom's picture into her own unique work of art!

What did I draw you ask? A picture of me standing outside in front of a sign that says, "Welcome to Sam Houston State University." Quite the adventure, indeed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is just too adorable! Kids are just amazing!