Sunday, September 28, 2008

Premiere Week Wrap-Up!

Premiere Week (for my shows anyway) wrapped up tonight....Just a few thoughts on what I thought about the return of the shows I enjoy....

Monday:

Dancing with the Stars: *sigh* how can they be "stars" if you don't KNOW any of them? Okay, I KNOW OF some of them...But not enough to vote in their favor. I'll probably split votes between Julianne and Derek (my two personal favorites). Is it wrong to vote for them because you like the professionals and not the star? Honestly, I may like them too as time goes on, I just don't KNOW them. The one I know best is Susan Lucci and I like her AND her partner so that bodes well for them, I suppose. Cloris Leachman...CAN'T believe she's sticking around another week...Should've been the FIRST voted off in my opinion. Her antics with the judges is already old and her snarky comments (most of which have to be bleeped) do NOTHING to make me like her. She needs to go! In other DWTS thoughts...Maks is back! YAY!!! Louis isn't! BOO! I did watch all three nights but won't repeat everything in those nights below.

Boston Legal: So sad this is the final season!!! Denny cracks me up! Actually the whole show is funny. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap things up and how the leave the characters.

Tuesday:

Law & Order SVU: Yay!!! Stabler, how I've missed you!!! I'm most interested to see how Liv deals with her near rape and to see if she lets Elliott in on what happened...They're partners...I think he should know...Especially if it could affect her job performance. This week's episode looks INTENSE!

Wednesday:

Criminal Minds: BEST premiere of the week by far (including Grey's)! Seriously, was on the edge of my seat the entire show...It was one of the shows where the questions left at the end of the season don't get answered the way you expect and just because one person is out of danger, doesn't mean the danger is over or that anyone is safe. Incredibly intense! I was WORN OUT by the end of the episode but it was AWESOME! Garcia and Morgan...LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to see what the rest of the reason holds! Ordered the first two seasons on Amazon and should get them this week....Very excited!

Thursday:

Grey's Anatomy: Did most of that discussion HERE but a few things I'll go ahead and mention just because it's Grey's and I could talk about it forever....Anybody remember how in my blogs about the show from last season how I talked about how much I love Amy Madigan as Mer's shrink and how I hoped she'd be back? Well, according to credits for the next episode (airing October 9th) Amy Madigan is indeed back as Dr. Wyatt!! Not sure if it's a one time thing or if she'll be back on a recurring basis, but I'll take what I can get...Love her! Like the new army doc but what happened to the accent? The guy's from Britain and if you saw him in Made of Honor you heard the accent. That's one of the things I was excited about most when I heard he was joining the cast was his accent...I have a thing for accents! And on a music related note...Ironically, my favorite song from the episode is "Black Tables" which was playing at the beginning of the episode during the dream sequence....After I managed to sort of replace the image of Patrick Dempsey on the gurney with something a little less horrifying, I was actually able to listen to the song in its entirety and it's very pretty...Lots of piano. Still VERY irritated that we have to wait two weeks for the next episode. *sigh* Oh and McDreamy on the big screen.... *sigh* SO GREAT! Until I meet him in person....Big screen McDreamy will tide me over. ;)

E.R: Oh. My. Gosh. Cried like a baby. And I didn't watch the episode until Friday because I got in late from my sister's so I can't even blame the emotions on a late hour or being tired. I'd heard someone died but had no idea who or when. You'd think with it being the last season, they'd just let everyone stick it out till the end. I'm VERY interested to see how they include new flashbacks for Mark Greene. It'll be nice to see him. I'm interested to see who else they bring back...And no matter how bleak it looks, I'll be crossing my fingers until the very last second of the very last episode that George Clooney's Dr. Ross WILL be back *crosses fingers now*

Sunday:

Desperate Housewives: Two seasons to go and we're five years ahead....This'll be interesting! I thought for sure that Mike had died in the crash until the end when he reappeared. I'm sorry he and Susan split...I really liked them together! Looks like another secret is there for us to figure out. All in all, the season looks to be funny and definitely entertaining!

Brothers & Sisters: Justin and Rebecca.......YAY!!!!! It's about TIME!!!!!! I cracked up when I heard that Nora had actually written that first letter, but loved the letter at the very end. I'd forgotten how much I dislike Holly...Was it rude of me to be applauding Nora when she left the office after giving Holly the news that William had been with someone else? And...Robert and Kitty....Adore them, as usual and REALLY REALLY hope they get their baby this season...They'll make great parents and that'll make a GREAT storyline for them! I'm excited to see what the season has in store!

So....That's MY premiere week wrap-up! I think Mom and I are going to give Dirty Sexy Money one more shot when it premieres Wednesday. We tried it for three shows last season but never could get into it. However, we keep being told how good it is, so we'll see how it goes on Wednesday.

If you guys have other shows you watched, I'd love to hear about them! Have a great week!

No comments: