Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Imperfect Creation, Made Perfectly!

We're having some remodeling done on our house, one of the areas being worked on is my bathroom so I'm having to use my parent's bathroom to shower. Those of you that know me know that I LOVE my shower time...I have some of my best times with God while I shower. Well, because of the way my parent's bathroom is situated, I can't get in and out of the shower on my own and have to have my mom's help. Having to use their shower really cuts into my desires for long, relaxing showers since I shower at night and I know my mom is probably ready to have her bathroom back to get ready for bed, and because, she can't really get too far because the minute she gets started on something is probably the minute I call her because I'm finished and ready to be helped out. So, I try to shower as quickly as possible and get out of their bathroom.

I was thinking about this tonight while missing my bathroom, wishing things could be different and that I could do it on my own. God spoke to me (no, not outloud) and just told me, "Natalie, I created you in such a way that you would best be able to glorify Me." I stood in the shower for a second trying to process this and then I got it...

God created all of us perfectly! I don't mean physically (you can take one look at me and throw that out the window) or spiritually, or emotionally or in any other sense but God's perfection. He created us with the specific strengths and weaknesses we have so that we can best glorify Him. Everything God has done to me physically gives me a chance to glorify Him and to help make Him known to others. God created me with Cerebral Palsy so that I could glorify Him in the midst of my physical disability! It was perfectly planned and perfectly designed...I don't know if my relationship with Him would be as strong were it not for my CP fact that I don't walk like everyone else and what He has taught me about Himself because of it! It's all about His glory.

People ask me all the time..."What is it about Patrick Dempsey...?"...And it's an incredible chance for me to tell how God is using Patrick in my life, and in sharing that, Christ is glorified! I do not for one second think that *I* was the sole reason God created Patrick with dyslexia which, in turn, gave him what I can only imagine is one heck of a challenge at times (if that's the case, Patrick will probably not like me very much ;) ). BUT I do think that *I* was at least on God's mind WHILE He was writing Patrick's story and creating Patrick the way He did because God KNEW that He was going to use Patrick and his story to save my life. Had Patrick's story been different, mine would have been too.

God created each of us in unique, perfect way so that we could best glorify Him using the abilities and even inabilities He gave us. None of our imperfections are a surprise to God...He had it planned long before we were born. We see our imperfections (whatever they may be) while God sees His perfect design!

All of this revealed BECAUSE of a short shower time. :) Thank God He made us perfectly imperfect!

No comments: