Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lord, May I Be Tenacious!

I'm learning what it means to pray tenaciously....I think that's what this whole journey of me wanting a dream to come true is teaching me...Among other things which I will share later.

A few months back I read something that has really changed the way I pray....

It revolved around the verse Matthew 7:7-8

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.’

And basically the lesson was to Ask and keep asking until we receive, seek and keep seeking until we find, knock and keep knocking until that door is opened. I wonder how many times I missed a blessing because I gave up praying simply because I didn't see anything happening so I assumed it must not be God's will. Many times I think God was trying to see just how badly I wanted something.

I was listening to one of Scott Crenshaw's podcasts recently on active waiting and he was telling the story in Luke chapter 11 starting in verse five and it tells of a man whose out of bread so he goes to his neighbors house to see if he can borrow some bread to feed his kids. It's late at night but the man goes over anyway and knocks on the door of his neighbor asking if he can borrow some bread...The guy basically tells him, it's late...No you can't borrow any bread. You'd think the man would turn and trudge back home hungry, but instead he is persistent and knocks on the door until the man gets up and gives him the bread just so he will stop bothering him.

THAT'S how I want to pray...to want/need something so badly that I ask and ask and ask until something happens!

Lord, may I know the dreams You put in my heart and may I be tenacious in asking for and claiming them! May I not give up when I do not see anything happening and instead keep praying and asking because I KNOW You ARE at work behind the scenes! May I be persistent, asking daily and may I WAIT WITH EXPECTATION! And Lord, when doubts creep into my thoughts and I doubt that You are working, may I instead say THANK YOU that You ARE and pray that much harder. Lord, may I stand on my faith, and not my feelings, Lord, may I stay persistent and may I pray and pray and pray, and until I see something happen because I know Lord, you are up to something, and I may just be one prayer away from it coming to pass. Thank you Father for the desires you have put in my heart, Thank You for what You have done, are doing, and will do! I ask all of this in Your Name, Amen

No comments: