Any of you who have ever gotten those "getting to know you" surveys from me will know that my answer to the question "favorite sport to watch?" has always been gymnastics and is usually followed with a comment about my admiration for gymnast Shannon Miller.Seeing Shannon perform and win in the 1996 games in Atlanta really got me into the games as I rooted for her and her team mates that year.
Since her "retirement", I have to say I haven't found another favorite to root for the way I did Shannon...Until the 2008 games....
can tell you now that my answer to the question, "favorite sport to watch?" will now include another sport and another favorite:
Michael Phelps and his quest to make Olympic history during these games have given me reason to be excited again. Not since Shannon Miller have I rooted for someone so much. What he does in the water at every competition has blown my mind and his humble attitude and the credit he gives to others has given me even more reason to like him. I have found that I look forward to the swimming competitions more than any other. It's been great to be excited about the games again and to have another favorite to root for! And I'm already excited about the 2012 Olympics in London to see how many more medals Michael Phelps will win there! Congratulations Michael on making history and showing others what can happen when we DREAM BIG!
No comments:
Post a Comment