It's three minutes to midnight Wednesday as I begin this blog.
My sister and brother-in-law recently got a VERY nice, wide screen high definition television. I was over at their house a few weeks ago and was amazed by the clean, crisp picture of it. You think nothing of yours until you see a t.v. like theirs and realize how cool theirs is! As we were talking about it, I just happened to say, "Gosh, imagine McDreamy on a screen like THAT!" without missing a beat, my sister said, "Tell ya what...you and Mom come over on the night of the Grey's Anatomy Premiere. We'll have dinner before and you can see McDreamy on the big screen!" I thought she was joking at first but soon found out she was serious! So, Mom and I will head over and have lasagna for dinner and cookies (all courtesy of my fabulous brother-in-law) while we watch the show on the big screen that I have waited MONTHS to see!! I am ecstatic! We're dubbing it our "McDreamy Party!"
That being said, I'm a bundle of nerves about what the show might bring...If you've seen THIS PROMO you might have a small clue as to why I'm nervous. I saw it for the first time about a week ago. Kimberly walked in just as it was starting and watched as well and it literally made me gasp. I was stunned and wished I hadn't seen it.
In the promo we see Meredith rushing in frantic being told that Derek has been in an accident after he "swerved to miss a car." We then get a close up shot of a battered Derek (played by Patrick Dempsey, of course), blood on his face and body as the doctors of SGH try to revive him. Now, my instincts are screaming at me that this is some awful dream Meredith is having and she'll wake up to find that Derek is safe and sound.
My problem is, when I see that shot of Derek, I don't see Derek. I see Patrick Dempsey. Patrick is an avid race car driver. He races in every race he possibly can and when I hear that he'll be out racing on a particular day, the prayers I say for him daily increase big time! It's his passion and I would never wish it away from him, but seeing that shot of him on a gurney, in that condition is like seeing one of my worst fears realized.... Him being hurt in a race. *shudders* I haven't been able to watch that particular scene since and have had a few nightmares about it believe it or not. It's horrifying to me and I'm sure I'll be praying for the scene to end quickly when I see it on air. Just too close to home for me, but Ellen Pompeo (Meredith) looks to give an incredible performance in that scene!
Sooooo...Check back for my thoughts on the show....They'll be posted before I go to bed!
And now I can OFFICIALLY say.....
HAPPY GREY'S DAY
1 comment:
Yes, GA is amazing in HD on a large screen! Love it!
Post a Comment