Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Great Yet Heartbreaking Dream

I had a dream last night....

I dreamt that I finally had my dream realized. The dream that wakes me up at night (and sometimes keeps me up at night).

I've had this dream before. It's always the same...I wake up right before the hug. Last night....I got my hug. And I've never felt so peaceful, relieved, and safe than I was in that moment, in that hug, in the arms of the person that I owe so much to.

I woke up, of course, while I was still in the embrace and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I was so elated that I finally, FINALLY, got the hug, and yet so frusturated to wake up and know that it happened...Only in my dreams. My emotions won out in the end and a few tears slipped out, but I fell asleep a bit later after praying about it smiling, confident that one day, that dream WILL become a reality.

No comments: