Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm On Local 2 News!

Okay, so maybe *I'm* not on the news, but an e-mail I sent to the station is.

I sent an e-mail to Frank Billingsley, the chief meteorologist for Local 2 News during hurricane Gustav (yes, before hurricane Ike) telling him how much I appreciated his coverage and basically thanked him for what he was doing. A day or so later I received an e-mail from Local 2 promotional department saying they were putting together a promotional package on Frank they were going to put on air and were asking permission to use a portion of the e-mail I had sent.

I saw the commercial for the first time this morning as I was getting dressed, it includes several viewer e-mails and my e-mail is indeed included at the very end. I've seen two versions of it so far today and the second version was just my e-mail portion and a picture of Frank. :)

So, those of you in the area and that watch local 2, keep an eye out! It will be signed, "Natalie, Huntsville" they don't include last names. And the times we've seen it today have been during news (of course, we've had coverage of Ike going on channel 2 all day so that could be why we've seen it twice already) Keep an eye out especially at 4,5,6 & 10 o'clock news as that is when Frank is on but my guess is you might catch it at ANY of the news times.

Just wanted to share! Hope some of you catch it! If so, let me know!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

That's really cool, Natalie!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I saw it I saw it!!! That is great!!! Love you and thanks again for a great Birthday!!!