Sunday, July 17, 2011

Flashpoint: "Personal Effects"/"Good Cop"

Continuing to play blog catch up and posting my thoughts about the past two weeks "Flashpoint" episodes since I didn't post an entry on last week or this week. For the purpose of ease, I'm just combining my thoughts on BOTH episodes into one entry.

* I LOVE the fact that Canada and the U.S. are FINALLY watching the SAME episodes at the SAME time!! Welcome to season four!

* Ed! Canadians had to wonder for MONTHS if he was going to survive, and it wasn't easy on the U.S. viewers either who only had to wait a few weeks.

* Loved how the team came together under the face of incredibly intense scrutiny to bring down the guy who shot him. Their family, it's what they do!

* Clarke!!!!! So nice to see you again!

* Ed refusing surgery until he coached his wife through labor....So sweet! Incredible coaching by the way. So much hinged on keeping Sophie calm, and Ed did it so well. I get that as Team Leader, that's his JOB in the field, but this was his WIFE and unborn daughter we're talking about! *I* probably would have been FREAKING OUT....But Ed was calm, and focused, and was able to LOVE his wife with nothing but words....LOVED IT!!!! Incredible scenes!!!

* I shall never think of or see fireflies again and not think of Ed and Sophie.

* Loved Parker taking charge of the hostage situation, and asking each member of they wanted to stand down, and each member's emphatic reply being along the lines of "No way!" Love my Team One!

* I may be one of the few that's NOT sold on Sam and Jules.

* Ed making promises to his newborn daughter, Izzie, and then taking her out to introduce her to the team....Great scene!

*So, ep two of the season picks up four months later....Interesting, but it got Ed back into uniform that much quicker so I'll take it!

* I knew it was gonna be anything BUT a "routine escort" when Team One has to get involved, it means NOTHING is "routine."

* I love Parker, and he's a great negotiator, but I LOVE when Ed gets the chance to talk people down....He does it SO well. Which is why he needs to be back in the Team Leader position sooner than later....No offense, Sam.

* And we finally learn that Ed is planning to quit the team...

* Or so he thinks until his wife and sweet Iz makes an appearance and once she sets the ground rules, Ed is back in! GREAT scene with those three!!! "You're Dad is a rock star..." Hugh Dillon must've LOVED that line since Hugh Dillon IS indeed a rock star....Several of his songs have even been on the show. True story!

* "It's good to have you back....." Well said, Parker! It IS good to have Ed, and ALL of Team One back on our T.V. screens! Can't wait to see what other incredible stuff season four has to offer!!!!

No comments: