Had my annual eye exam last week and all went well. I always tend to get a little nervous before my eye exams because of our family history. My eye doctor is AMAZING though, and if there's anyone I want taking care of me, it's him. He keeps a very close eye (no pun intended) on things. I'd promised him last year he could dilate my eyes this year (he's been wanting to do it for awhile and I always bulk because my last experience with eye dilation-before Dr. A was my doctor-was AWFUL...He brings it up and just has to look at me to see I'm not gonna go for it). Anyway, Optomap saved me this year, it's similar to dilation without the side effects so I did that and he seemed satisfied for now. I'm aware though that eventually I'm going to HAVE to let him do the real thing. He's very laid back and calm about everything so he hasn't pushed me real hard about it, but I know it's just a matter of time. Seriously though, if anybody out there needs an eye doctor, let me know...I've been going to him for years and just love him! Wish all of my doctors were as wonderful as he is. I'd recommend him to anybody!
I also got new frames. I got some rimless frames years ago from a place I won't name, and they never did work. No one ever measured me, or anything. In fact, they took the pair off the display case and just put my prescription in them. They didn't fit! So, I've gone for about four or five years with JUST contacts, no other back up. I wear my contacts 99 percent of the time, but there are times but glasses are always nice to have. When you don't feel good, have eye issues (like I did at one point last year) or just don't want to wear contacts to give your eyes a break. I'm blind without my contacts so I really needed the back up. after my eye appointment, I went to look at frames picked out some really cute, sturdy ones, was measured and fitted and I'm going to pick them up Monday! Can't wait to see how they look!
Tuesday and Friday I worked which has been busy because I was the only volunteer to show up this week. Thursday was Mom's birthday so we celebrated, and then Friday I went in a tad late to take my computer in so got a late start at work and you know how that goes.
As for my computer....Something's hogging my disk space (still no idea what it is) but also kept getting errors when I tried to open itunes (and you KNOW how I feel about my Itunes) I was told to uninstall and reinstall, I uninstalled, but then it wouldn't let me reinstall because of some error. I was SICK about loosing my music (over a thousand songs) and t.v. shows that I'd downloaded. I took it in and they were able to reinstall itunes and get my music back! My mouse bit the dust so on the way home I went and bought me a new one (this one is red!) and so...Except for the disk space issue, everything is running great!
Not that you cared to know ANY of that, but there ya have it!
1 comment:
wow. how have you gone this long w/out glasses? i cant imagine. i wear my contacts most of the time as well, but like you said, sometimes glasses are really nice. :)
and yuck! about your computer problems. no fun. glad things look to be working well now. and YAY for a fun mouse! :) i have a purple one, but rarely use it here.
Post a Comment