My weekend had it's share of ups and downs. Thankfully, 99 percent of it was "up."
Friday:
Mom returned home from being in Dallas since Tuesday taking care of my Grandma who had been in the hospital to have fluid drained from around her heart. She's doing better now. We celebrated by the entire family (minus Tazzie) going to a steakhouse and having a delicious meal together!
Heard that I converted another friend into a Flashpoint fan! WooHoo!
Saturday:
Got a hysterical e-mail from a friend of mine thanking me for a birthday card and joking that he was getting too old. I ADORE this guy and his e-mail had me rolling!
Sunday:
Woke up from a dream starring Patrick Dempsey in which I was in line waiting for his autograph and was ONE PERSON away from meeting him when the person I was with, pulled me away saying, "We gotta go, we're gonna miss our flight!" The last thing I remember is being pulled around the corner and Patrick was gone. Then I woke up!
Had an emotional morning at Church as I talked to a few people about my volunteer position and some concerns I had. Ended up in tears, but I'm hopeful about a few things. Please keep praying about that with me, Thanks!
Went out to lunch with Mom and Dad after Church and topped it off with a visit to Starbucks!
Got home just in time to see Patrick Dempsey and his race team Dempsey Racing place THIRD in the 24 Hours at Daytona, and watched a teary and emotional Patrick give a post game interview, which was all it took to make ME teary and emotional all over again! SO proud of and for all of those guys!
Just watched Julianna Margulies (from The Good Wife) win a Screen Actors Guild Award! Love her and I'm THRILLED she won!
So, that was my weekend! How was yours?
1 comment:
sounds like you had a great weekend! mine is just half-way since kahler is off on sun-mon.
yesterday, we went to a new church (loved it!), out to lunch with some friends, came home and napped, and then went to some friends to play Hand and Foot- love that game! then kahler and i waited online for some family to get on a skype, but that never happened, so we started an episode of 24 and ended up watching that until like 2:30am!
now its monday morning (like 11). we're just now getting up. im checking emails/facebook with a bowl of yogurt and granola. we'll go to the store today for groceries and then possibly the post office. nothing big planned today. :)
thinking i'll post a weekend wrap-up tomorrow... :)
Post a Comment