Thursday, January 20, 2011

Taste

Alexis and Austin have gotten to where they really like Wendy's new french fries with sea salt (I like them a lot too). Today, Lexi asked if we could stop and get her some. We did and got Austin some as well (Dad was picking him up).

Lexi ate hers on the way home and Austin ate his when he got to the house. As he was sitting there eating, he said, "I taste the salt!" Mom told him, "Yes, that's sea salt!" after closely examining his french fry, he said, I don't see the salt..." Mom said, "No, you can't see it, but you can taste it!"

I was struck by how this is also true when it comes to God. We can't see Him in a physical body yet, but we can sure "taste" Him...In the ways in which He reveals Himself in the little and big things in our every day lives.

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

Have you "tasted" God today?

No comments: