Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thirty Things

Marlena actually tagged me to do this on Facebook but I'm doing it here instead.

You are supposed to write 30 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. So, here goes...

1) I was born three and a half months early weighing under two pounds at birth.

2) My longest and most faithful friend in this world has to be Kristi Johnson. We met in Kindergarten and are still very very close to this day.

3) I jump at everything. I'm told it's CP related.

4) I know every single line to Charlotte's Web

5) The first time I remember having a favorite anything was when I saw Sela Ward for the first time. What an actress! She's the reason I got into acting...I wanted to be just like her, and to this day she is my all time favorite actress.

6) I became a Christian at the age of 11. Michael W. Smith's song "Secret Ambition" is what lead me to ask Christ into my life. MWS is my all time favorite music artist.

7) I HATE confrontation and will do anything to avoid it.

8) I'm not into religion. However, ask me about my RELATIONSHIP with Christ, and I'll talk forever.

9) I'm learning that I'm not 100 percent okay with my disability but I am learning to be. Like anything else...It's a process.

10) I could eat Italian food for the rest of my life and be happy. I also believe french fries should be a food group all on its own.

11) My favorite teacher (and probably person) of all time is one of my high school math teachers, Steve Lang. His rock solid faith in me is matched by no one. Sometimes I don't even uderstand the unwaivering confidence he has in me. He's one of the constants in my life even today and he's still one of the first people I go to for advice. I'm a better person because he is in my life.

12) At one time I wished to be a certified sign language interpreter. Julie Posey is my inspiration and it is because of her that I know three songs in sign.

13) I know how to ski. Winter Park Colorado is an amazing place to experience that for the first time.

14) I'm a Dr. Pepper addict.

15) Every ring I wear has meaning behind it.

16) I hope to one day move to L.A. and have a job in the entertainment industry.

17) If I say "I love you" I mean it. If I say, "I'm praying for you" I mean it. I don't throw those phrases around.

18) Patrick Dempsey saved my life. I thank God for him every single day and my dream is to meet him and tell him how his story changed my story.

19) The song "A World to Believe in" by Celine Dion describes perfectly what Patrick did for me. I still cry every time I hear it. Hear the song and read the lyrics HERE.

20) I get REALLY into the television shows that I watch. I literally talk to the t.v. as if the people can hear me. Drives my Mom nuts.

21) I have some of my best moments with God in the shower.

22) I cling to Jeremiah 29:11.

23) My college years were the worst years of my life. Especially 2006. Never have I ever been that depressed. Ever.

24) One of my favorite quotes ever is by Scott Crenshaw: "I do not work for God TO BE saved, I work for God BECAUSE I'm saved."

25) My goal when I was a little girl was to grow my hair as long as Crystal Gayle's. I didn't keep it.

26) Don't bother trying to talk to me on Thursday's beginning around 8:30 (to give tivo time to record so we can fast forward through commercials). I'll be watching Grey's Anatomy and crossing my fingers for some great scenes for my favorite fictional couple: Meredith and Derek. (Note: He has a RING!!!!!!!!)

27) I believe everything happens for a reason.

28) No matter how confident I may seem, I still struggle with insecurities about the way I was made and how people perceive me.

29) I want to be genuinely loved, not merely tolerated.

30) Being an Aunt is the best job in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read this, it really made me think. I feel that I can really identify with the points that you made about your disability, I have a lot of the same thoughts and feelings. I can also relate to what you said about your college years, these past few years since losing my dad have been the toughest of my life. I hope that I can get past this, someday. I was surprised to learn that you can ski, Patrick would be so proud! I really enjoy coming here to read your updates, keep up the great work. Most of all, thank you for being my person, I love you girl!

Unknown said...

Natalie,

I enjoyed reading your 30 things and appreciate your honesty and vulnerability! You are an encouragement to me. Haven't been the best at keeping up with all that is going on with my family. Thanks for the prayers. Just a reminder that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Jeremy Emert