So, it's been awhile since I posted one of these. Mostly, because there hasn't been a lot I've felt like commenting on, but this past week's show is worthy of a small blog at least.
* Loved the theme of the show: Wishing. I know a thing or two about that. Don't we all?
* The serial killer storyline has me very intrigued with where they might be going with it and how all are involved. Mainly Meredith. My gut tells me something's going to happen and she's going to be in need of rescuing. I don't want her hurt, but if it means that a certain "knight in shining whatever" shows up to do the rescuing, then I could handle it. *wink* Mer's just that compassionate. She could get herself into it before even knowing it.
* Eric Stoltz as the serial killer....VERY believable! I wonder how the cast will act around him once he's back behind the scenes as director! I've read that they are having a blast with him now that he is "just an actor." I tell ya...He creeps me out. The way he calmly and nonchalantly described how he killed those women....*Shudder* My mom brought up a good point though...Would the guard realistically LET him share that with Meredith and Cristina, who are women and he seems to have at least a bit of pull with Mer already anyway. I just think the guard would halt any conversation like that.
* Gotta say, I know Mer and Cristina are BFF's and that I should want them to make up, but I'm enjoying Cristina NOT popping up in all of MerDer's scenes and stealing Mer away. I could withstand things as they are a little longer. And besides, Mer's already apologized...Cristina needs to be knocked down a few pegs anyway. Get over it, and move on.
* Bravo for character growth on both Meredith and Derek's part. Communication! Who would have thought it would look so great with them! I'm SO proud!
* This scene...Rocked. Way to go, Patrick!
* So, we're FINALLY finding out more about Derek and his family. We were told how his father, died and thus gained more understanding as to why he's such a staunch "pro punishment" person. Very good reasons there if you ask me. I just assumed his Dad was sick and died. Getting shot never entered my mind but it definitely folds into the storyline well and gives PD some great back story to work with. Thanks for that, writers!
*And Derek...and his Dorky Derek Dance...I think it made me love him even more! He just got home from having to deal with creepy serial killer, revealed how his dad died, and then in an effort to cheer up his girlfriend...Danced it out with her. Something tells me the "get your rear over here, I'm not doing this by myself line was Patrick talking to Ellen...Not Derek talking to Meredith. It was hysterical, but oh so sweet as well. Makes me have that much more appreciation for what PD might have had to go through doing the dance scene in Enchanted. Kudos to you, Patrick! You put a smile on the faces of ladies everywhere.
* Can't wait for next week when Derek's McMom (played by Tyne Daly) shows up!!! PLEASE be nice to her, McMom! She's had enough "mommy issues" to last a lifetime. Change her perceptions about all mom's being like Ellis Grey. Love her, accept her, be everything Ellis Grey never was. Please, McMom. Do it for Derek. Do it for your (hopefully) soon to be daughter-in-law. *wink*
And there ya have it! Perhaps next week will be just as blog worthy. We shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment