Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolution

I hope 2009 is being wonderful to everyone so far!

I've never been big on making new years resolutions. I make them in my head every year but never share and thus, never keep them. However, I'm making one this year with high hopes of keeping it.

I think with technology the way it is today, we seem to have lost our desire to personalize anything. Everything is typed. Letters, mailing labels, return address labels, even our signatures are photo copied. Often times I wonder if a human was even in the room during the process of a letter being mailed out. It saddens me. I LOVE getting snail mail. LOVE seeing my name on the envelope, and LOVE sitting down to read what's inside!

I want to bring back that personal touch! So, my new years resolution for 2009 is to write at least one hand written letter a month to someone. Whether it be a friend or relative, someone will be getting a letter from me each month. Not that I will share my life story, but nothing makes my day like a note simply asking how I am and what I'm up to.

So, I'm going to do my very best to bring the personal touch back to 2009 and who knows, maybe keep it going for years to come!

No comments: