As I thought about that response, I had to smile because it IS true. I am passionate about the industry and have made no secret about the fact that I would like to work in the entertainment industry in some capacity. However, I'm passionate about the industry, not because of the glitz and glamor, I'm passionate about it because so many times Hollywood and entertainment get such a bad rep from people because all they hear about is bad things...How this actor did this, or "so and so is a bad role model because...." Yes, Hollywood (or should I say the media) DOES put great emphasis on looks, weight, etc and it seems all you hear about is who is breaking up, who is suing who, blah blah blah. I'm passionate about Hollywood and the entertainment industry because I know how the OTHER side has reached me. The OTHER side that the media doesn't talk about. And it's also another example of something else I'm passionate about....The fact that somebody else's story can help another person.
I'm a big believer that God meets you where you are. BECAUSE I love the world of entertainment like I do, He has used people within that industry to reach me.
He used Michael W. Smith to help to open my heart to Him.
He used Patrick Dempsey to help save me from myself.
And most recently, He used Derek Hough to help inspire me and reignite my own dreams.Three ordinary people that because of the media spotlight have touched my life and helped me in extraordinary ways.
So YES, I am passionate about the entertainment world. I am passionate about trying to change the stereotype of it, I'm passionate about trying to get the word out that as much bad as the brings out of it, there's just as much good. I'm passionate about trying to stop the almost automatic eye roll that takes place whenever anything in the particular industry is mentioned and instead help there be at least a small smile. I'm passionate about the entertainment world because I'm a better person due to it.
I owe a lot to Michael, Patrick, and Derek and by extension, I owe a lot to the entertainment industry for shining a light on them so that they could reach me. I don't have all of the resources that the media has, all I have is this blog so I do what I can to share what I have learned and how it has helped me so that perhaps the entertainment industry might not leave such a bitter taste in your mouth.
1 comment:
I kind of agree with you. There are a lot of good things that come from what's done in Hollywood and most of the media doesn't cover it. However, I think that a ton of what's done in Hollywood isn't good either.
At the end of the day, we all have our choice and we can choose to enjoy the good and not worry much about the rest. That's what I choose to do and focus on with all of my various TV blogs.
Post a Comment