Saturday, December 27, 2008

Movie Review: Seven Pounds

Photobucket

Just got in from seeing Seven Pounds. Will Smith was awesome in the movie, as usual (big Will Smith fan). It takes awhile to figure out what's going on, but once I figured out where all of it was leading, it felt as it I'd just swallowed a glass full of ice cubes and I found myself hoping that by some stretch, I'd be wrong. As the movie progresses however, it becomes pretty clear what the intention is of Will Smith's character. It's one of those cold chills type moments after you piece everything together.

Tom Cruise's son Conner makes an appearance in the movie as a young Will Smith.

As for what I said in my previous post about Patrick Dempsey being in the role...Let's just say, IF he had been I would have bawled like a baby. I told Mom they would've had to carry me out on a stretcher.

For me, the Will Smith factor keeps the movie a plus. I didn't leave the theatre with warm fuzzies. The movie's a bit morbid, BUT it DOES make you think about how you behave when you think no one is watching.

No comments: