Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Same Blog, Different Name

You may have noticed that the header on this blog has changed. I've decided to change the title of my blog after some thought, "Joy in the Journey" seems fitting.

I started this blog under the title, "Breathe and Believe" at the time it was very fitting because I was at a point where I had to stop trying to figure everything out and just Breathe and Believe that God was in control and that He was guiding my footsteps (or rather, my wheels) exactly where He wanted them to be. I still fully believe that my job is to do just that...To breathe, believe, and trust in Him.

However, I created this blog as God was beginning to reveal new and exciting things to me and I wanted those that were interested to be able to share in that. I'm learning that while God HAS revealed amazing dreams and goals and put them in my heart, it's the JOURNEY of getting TO those great places that He is revealing SO MUCH.

It's often NOT an easy journey. In fact, believe it or not, sometimes posting in this blog is a step WAY out of my comfort zone because I really strive to be honest and real about what's going on in my life. Sometimes it has not been a pretty picture and revealing some of what I have has puts me in a very vulnerable position and it's not a position I feel very comfortable with but I do so because being real isn't always pretty, but if it helps someone else, than it's worth it. It's NOT an easy journey but it's one that I want to look back on and say "Thank you Lord, for everything I had to go through to get here because it was so worth it!"

Breathe and Believe I started to realize was the first step but to me it indicated a destination, an end point where once I reached those dreams, once those goals were realized that the blogging would end and that is not what I want. I want to share the journey with you, the thrill and thankfulness of certain dreams coming to pass, and the excitement of more dreams being revealed in their place. Joy in the Journey sort of sums that desire up for me...To be happy and at peace where we are along the way to our dreams, and in doing that, walking in faith knowing that good things ARE ahead because God said so!

So, my goal is to continue sharing with those that are interested this journey God has me on. I have no idea how many people read this blog or are subscribed to it, the only way I know is through feedback via comments and e-mails and I know lots of people may read and not comment. I value any comments and thoughts you may want to share about anything I have to say so please don't be shy.

I hope you'll continue to read "Joy in the Journey" and and continue to come along with me on my own journey! It's been quite a trip so far and I know the best is yet to come!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: