I'm a HUGE Dancing with the Stars fan! Derek Hough and his sister Julianne Hough being my two favorite professional dancers. The finale was last week and this week I find myself really missing it! It really does make me want to get up and dance and even though I really can't because of my CP, this season especially inspired me for some reason as I saw how hard Derek and Brooke worked and then watched the results of that.... I've watched Julianne win twice and have REALLY been rooting for Derek to get his trophy since. They both are so classy and dance with great integrity. I love Brooke, but when the winner was announced, it was Derek that brought tears to my eyes as I thought about HIS journey and how hard he'd worked for several seasons to get to that point and to see him GET THERE....Was just inspiring to me personally as I continue to strive to make my own goals a reality. Anything IS possible if you work hard enough. So, (not that he'll ever read this but ya never know...) thank you so much, Derek!
A few of my favorite clips from the past season.......
Derek and Brooke dancing the most entertaining incredible freestyle I've ever seen on the show:
Brooke and Derek's final dance...Incredibly touching:
And the winner is:
The win was SO deserved! I'm SO thrilled Derek FINALLY won! It's been his turn for awhile now I think and I'm so happy for him!
And because I just like them both so much and LOVE when they dance together, here is a video of Derek and his sister Julianne (she's the one that sings "that song in my head" that you've probably heard on the radio) dancing together just TWO WEEKS after Julianne had emergency surgery! These two are just AMAZING!
I'm already looking forward to DWTS being back in March! Can't wait to see the new cast and of course, the dancers! And congratulations Brooke and Derek!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story with the rest of us. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about Derek and also "My Story" that you posted about having CP and your journey to today.
I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad you were willing to share. People like yourself really change the world for good.
I wanted to share one thought I had while reading this post. You said that Derek brought tears to your eyes. Well, you weren't alone. Shannon Elizabeth (Derek's girlfriend) was at the finale and Derek brought tears to her eyes as well. So, you were in good company.
Also, thanks for the link to Marriann's website.
Natalie
I came across your blog link from the Pure Hough website. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I saw your links to KSBJ and Amanda Carroll and realized we're not too far from each other. I live in Houston. I bookmarked your blog so I look forward reading more in the future!
Jennifer
Post a Comment