Saturday, November 5, 2011

Leading by Example

While I was at my volunteer job this past week, some of our music wasn't printing correctly from the cd that had been sent to us from the company. So, our (fairly) new music minister got on the phone with the guy in the office across from me. As I worked, I listened and shot an occasional glance his way.

I was SO proud....He never lost his cool (and believe me there were moment he COULD have). He was patient and friendly for the entire thirty minute conversation....I wanted to run into the office and thank him over and over again for leading by example in that office (I restrained myself, but did e-mail him later).

It was SO refreshing to see someone who claimed to be a Jesus lover prove it by not only saying it, but living it out in this circumstance. And he had no idea I was watching!

THAT, in my opinion, is when you can clearly see where someone stands with their faith...How do you treat people or situations when you THINK no one is watching?

If I learned anything this week it's that people are ALWAYS watching. I hope I'm showing them Jesus!

No comments: