Monday, October 31, 2011

Scripture Shutdown!

Last night I found myself wishing things were different. More specifically, that everything about ME was different. And I'm not just talking about physically. I basically wanted a whole different PERSON to embody me last night. I was frustrated on a lot of different levels that I'll save for another post perhaps.

I prayed and found myself even frustrated there. I sent off a text to my TX brother (because sometimes you just need some brotherly love...And I hadn't talked to him in awhile) telling him in short concise sentences that I was frustrated and wished everything about me were different. I then threw my phone on the desk and stormed off to the kitchen, not really hungry, but thought the act of opening and slamming cabinet doors in search of food, might help the pent up emotion.

A few minutes later I returned to my room (with no food) and waiting for me was a text message full of encouragement backed up by bible verses that stopped me in my tracks and effectively shut down my pity party. You can't argue stuff the Creator says about you, or at least I didn't want to TRY in that moment.

These are the kind of people I have in my life....People that breathe God into me when I can't seem to find Him on my own. I not only found myself humbled and comforted, but really thankful! The last sentence of the text did me in:

"You are loved and you are perfect."

Perhaps we should ALL let that one sink in!

No comments: