I said I would NEVER fall in love with a boy at first sight! I was doing great with that goal until 2006, then Austin Russell arrived and my resolve was shattered in half a second. Yes, I fell head over heels in love....With my new nephew! And today, he's FOUR!
I was worried when I heard he was going to join our family, because I couldn't imagine loving another person as fully and completely as I loved Alexis. God designed our hearts to expand and when Austin did arrive, my heart did just that, and I knew I would have no problem loving him just as much as I did his big sister!
He teaches me so much about innocence, and total trust, and he's just so sure that I'm going to walk without my walker when I "get bigger." Oh, to have the rock solid, simple faith of a child! We have a bond that only the "babies" of the families can share, and when he pouts over the fact that Lexi gets to do something that he can't yet because "he's too little..." I get it. And I think he knows I get it.
He melts my heart every single day and I thank God that out of all the little boys in the world, I get to call Austin MY nephew!
Happy Birthday, Prince Charming! I love you SO much!
I was worried when I heard he was going to join our family, because I couldn't imagine loving another person as fully and completely as I loved Alexis. God designed our hearts to expand and when Austin did arrive, my heart did just that, and I knew I would have no problem loving him just as much as I did his big sister!
He teaches me so much about innocence, and total trust, and he's just so sure that I'm going to walk without my walker when I "get bigger." Oh, to have the rock solid, simple faith of a child! We have a bond that only the "babies" of the families can share, and when he pouts over the fact that Lexi gets to do something that he can't yet because "he's too little..." I get it. And I think he knows I get it.
He melts my heart every single day and I thank God that out of all the little boys in the world, I get to call Austin MY nephew!
Happy Birthday, Prince Charming! I love you SO much!

1 comment:
Looks like a sweet boy. Wonderful to have family near, to share and enjoy life.
Have a great Sunday!
Post a Comment