Saturday, October 30, 2010

Seven Years Ago...

Picture taken at my college graduation party in 2007.

Seven years ago today, I became an Aunt for the first time! It was by far one of the best days of my life!

I remember studying with a friend when I got the phone call from my Mom telling (while crying) that it was time and she was on her way to pick me up! I threw all of my books in my backpack and raced back to my dorm as fast as my scooter could get me there (and on this day, it felt like it was moving at a snail's pace).

We then made the thirty minute drive to Conroe (which also seemed to take forever) and got to see and talk to a very calm Kimberly and Justin. After awhile, we got kicked out and that's when we waited, paced, prayed, and waited for several hours. FINALLY, at 10:09 p.m. Alexis Marie arrived...And grabbed my heart the instant I saw her! It's been an amazing time ever since!

I am SO blessed, thankful, and humbled, that God chose ME to be her Aunt! I knew He gave me a great responsibility and it really hit home when she told me not so long ago that she wanted to be just like me! It's a responsibility that I promise, I don't take lightly!

"Lord, I wanna be just like You, cause she wants to be just like me. I wanna be a holy example, for her innocent eyes to see. Help me be a living Bible, Lord, that my little girl can read. I wanna be just like You, cause she wants to be like me." ~I Want To Be Just Like You-Phillips, Craig, and Dean~

Happy Birthday, Ladybug! I love you so much!

No comments: