I was getting dressed this morning when my theme song ("While I'm Waiting" by John Waller) came on the radio. As it played, I started thinking about all the things I'm waiting for: A job I love, dreams to become real, a person to spend my life with etc. Then, as if the Enemy knew just how to get to me, the doubts started coming in..."What if I'm a volunteer for the rest of my life? How in the world can my dreams EVER come true? I'm going to end up alone!..." You get the point. Before, it could snowball any further, I was struck by the fact that I needed to stop, take a breath, and remember Whose child I really was. I remembered that my life is in His Hands and that He is in control. I automatically calmed down as I put my life back in His keeping (I've often said that decision is a moment by moment choice and I definitely had a "moment" this morning).
As if to affirm my decision the song that played after "While I'm Waiting" was "He Is" by Mark Schultz, and the first line of that song seem to divinely increase in volume so I was sure to hear: "Father, let the world just fade away, let me feel Your Presence in this place."
Message received Lord! Thanks!
1 comment:
oh, man, Natalie. I'm not sure what's up with my blog reader, but I know that God was saving this post for me to read today (you can probably tell why in my most recent post about my back...). I'm feeling those same feelings. My pain interferes so much with my life that I feel like all "my plans" for the future are being totally shaken and it kinda freaks me out!
But, alas, I know who holds the world in His hands. Thanks for the reminder, sister.
I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment