Sunday, November 14, 2010

Please Pray For April

I received an e-mail from one of my close friends Julie late this week about April, a precious four year old friend of hers that she says is as close to her niece as possible without being blood related. April diagnosed with Leukemia earlier this week.

April has been complaining of leg pain and when her parents took her to the doctor, blood was drawn and that's when the Leukemia was discovered. She had surgery Thursday to insert a port for "chemo stuff" and had a spinal tap done as well. She began chemo the next day.

If there is any good news to come from this diagnosis, it's the fact that doctors have said April has the most common, most treatable type of Leukemia so everyone is very hopeful that she can and will be treated successfully.

Early reports indicate no cancer was found in the spinal cord from the spinal tap, which is a HUGE praise and so far, April is tolerating chemo well.

Please join me in praying for April as she travels this journey. Pray that her chemo treatments continue to go well and that her side effects and pain will be minimal. Pray for her parents as they care for her and for peace as they watch their daughter have to endure this, and pray for April's eight year old brother, Aaron and that he feels loved and cared for during this time as well.

Also, please pray for Julie as well. I know how much she loves this family. Pray for her as she cares for them in the ways that she is able.

Thanks in advance for praying with me for this family! I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray. Mars

Anonymous said...

I will pray- Mars

Katy {and Kahler} said...

praying! i'm a little late reading this post. do you have an update?