I've said this before, but let me say it again: It's been my experience that God shows up in the biggest ways when we get desperate. Why? Because we take off the mask, get rid of the false words, stop pretending and get real.
When Kyle Sherrill was born, we prayed desperate prayers for Kyle to live. There was NO TIME to mess around with false fronts. Kyle didn't have that time, we got real...FAST. And God showed up. In BIG WAYS....Kyle survived. There was no time for me in 2006, I prayed desperate prayers and God showed up. God moves the most when we are desperate, because we GET REAL!
I think that's the motivation behind Amy Grant's new song "Better Than A Hallelujah" for us to get real and talk to Him...Tell him what's on our hearts....WHATEVER that may be....He knows anyway why not tell him? And I think He gets us to that point, the point of desperation, the point of surrender because that's what causes us to REALLY lay everything down and get out of God's way so that He CAN move...Perhaps THAT is why He seems to show up in big ways at desperate times!
It was the chorus of that song that has been going around in my head a lot lately and perhaps it is what motivated me tonight. I got in the shower tonight and got real. My showers (as I've also said before) are where I have some of my best times with God because I know that unless it's a dire emergency, I will not be bothered while I am there.
I've had something in my heart for quite some time now that I've wanted...I don't consider it a need, but I want it...In a desperate way. I pray about it daily but I can't say I pray about it often with DESPERATION.
I did tonight. In the midst of my shower, with the door shut, steam fogging everything up, and nothing but the sound of the water roaring in my ears, the frusturation of it all came pouring out and I prayed....Desperately. I don't think I've prayed that hard and that fast in a LONG time...Telling God exactly how I felt, what I wanted Him to do...As quickly as those thoughts came to me I prayed them, many of them seemed to come over and over so I told God about them over and over. "Pray without ceasing" took on a whole new meaning in the shower tonight. By the time I was done with my shower, I was exhausted...In every way.
I need God to move mountains, the ONLY way this is ever going to happen is if God (figuratively) moves mountains, puts the right people in my path, and makes things happen. It's ironic, because most of the time, I stand out in a crowd...My disability causes me to stand out, but in this situation, when I WANT to stand out, I'm just another face in the crowd. I need God to cause me to stand out in a way I haven't before. Like I said, I need God to move...In big ways A God thing will have to happen. I have a fear that God doesn't plan for this desire of mine to ever come to pass, but I have to believe that He hears my prayers and that it's not for nothing. At least I can say I asked.
I got desperate tonight and as usual, it caused me to get real....And that's why I HAVE to believe mountains will begin to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment