I wasn't able to physically be there to answer phones or volunteer in other ways for KSBJ Sharathon 2010, believe me, if I could have, I would have!
HOWEVER, I feel like I HAVE been. I've had a browser open since Wednesday with KSBJ's web cam up showing phone central watching the DJ's and volunteers doing their thing, I have twittered and Facebooked about it almost constantly (and gained some new followers....*waves*) trying MY best to get the word out and hopefully get more people to give.
What I think is the most significant part of this for me though was that I gave....For the first time.
I've been a KSBJ listener since Amanda Carroll was the afternoon host. She was the host I first heard when I first found KSBJ years ago, however, I've always just kinda felt like "just another listener..." and never really felt like A PART of the KSBJ family.
All that changed this year as my friendship with Liz Jordan grew and a new friendship formed between myself and Bill Ingram. Those two people have made me feel like a REAL part of their lives and in turn, a part of the radio station....As I was praying about giving, it wasn't even a real debate...How could I NOT give? For the first time, I REALLY feel like part of the KSBJ family and it's a wonderful feeling!
KSBJ met their monthly Operations Goal Friday morning at 8:42 a.m. and met their Impact Initiatives Goal at 1:08 p.m. this afternoon! It was INCREDIBLE to be watching the web cam when both goals were met!
To everyone at KSBJ....THANK YOU for everything you do to minister all across the world! I know these last three days were exhausting but you ALL did an INCREDIBLE job! To the volunteers, THANK YOU for giving of your time to help make Sharathon possible! And to the givers, THANK YOU for giving....For taking that step of faith, for stepping out of the boat and taking that step...BELIEVING that God will be there, that the funds will be there! THANK YOU for trusting HIM! And to God, whom ALL of this was for and about....THANK YOU. For Your blessings, Your Faithfulness, Your protection, For all of the INCREDIBLE things that you have done, are doing, and WILL do through KSBJ. All glory and praise goes to YOU. We love You SO much and are SO thankful!
And all God's people said....AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment