Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Incredible Day for Liz and DK....And Me Too!

I met one of my biggest inspirations today....And it was the biggest day of HER life! I was honored and humbled to receive an invitation to Liz Jordan's wedding that took place today!

I was REALLY nervous about going by myself because I wasn't sure how accessible things would be for my walker and I didn't know anyone but Liz. However, as always, God showed up and the ceremony location was flat and I was able to walk right to a chair (it was on the groom's side, but that's alright...I love DK too!). There was a ramp leading right to where the reception was held. I didn't see one single step....Thank You, Lord!

The ceremony was beautiful...I teared up watching Liz walk down the aisle with her Dad and as she and DK joined hands...The look on her face...Made me cry again! I'm sure DK's face was equally as priceless, but because I was sitting on the groom's side, I was able to see Liz's face more clearly than his....Perhaps this was another fingerprint of God. It was incredible watching them pledge their love to each other and seeing the love they have for one another and the Lord so clearly reflected throughout the ceremony.

After the ceremony was finished, I easily made my way to the reception area and found a chair to sit and wait. I mingled with a few people. I saw Susan O'Donnell, Mike and Becky Kankelfritz along with their two precious kids, Abby Grace and Sam. I never talked to them but Susan did say hello to me as she was leaving and I said hi back but she didn't know who I was. Becky brought Sam over to talk with some people sitting around me and we exchanged hello's. Sam was SO ADORABLE! I saw Bill Ingram several times (he knew I was coming because we talked about it via Facebook) but he always looked like he was doing something important every time I saw him so I hated to bother him by saying hello. I did manage a wave at him as I was leaving the reception, but I doubt he knew it was me.

I finally saw what I thought was a good time to go and say hello to Liz. I was unsure of how to go about it because I didn't know if Liz would know who I was or even remember that she had invited me (I know the guest list was not currently on her mind) So I was trying to figure out how to tell her who I was..."Hi...I'm Natalie..." or "I'm Natalie....Congratulations...." As I made my way to her I was still trying to decide which approach to use. Liz took care of that for me....As soon as she saw me she instantly came over and hugged me and said, "Natalie, I'm so glad you're here...." I had a huge lump in my throat the entire time we talked. She introduced me to DK and the three of us talked briefly. I was very aware that so many people wanted time with her so I tried not to keep them very long. Once we finished, I didn't stay very much longer because I knew we had a bit of a drive to get back home so I called Dad to let him know I was ready and they came and picked me up. As I was leaving, DK and Liz were about to have their first dance as husband and wife.

I can honestly say meeting Liz in person FINALLY was incredible! I've shared so much with her and she means SO much to me that getting to share such an important time with her meant more to me than I could ever express. I know there were/are a lot of people that love Liz and DK and so to be invited to actually BE there to SEE them get married...I'm still wowed by that fact and feel so honored that they thought enough of me to want me there. It would have been easy for them to say, we can always meet Natalie at a KSBJ special events concert, but to ask me to be there....on their WEDDING DAY....It makes me teary just typing it. Wow.

God was totally present even before today. How you ask? Well, the date of their wedding was a total God thing. Every other weekend of this month is taken so had it been any other time this month, I wouldn't have been able to be there.

I have only three regrets: 1) I meant to sign the guest book before I left and forgot. 2) I sat down for the ceremony and forgot to get a program and 3 (and probably the biggest regret of all) I was hoping to get a picture with Liz using my iphone but I hated to ask and there were people waiting to talk to her so I didn't get a picture with her. :( I actually didn't get ANY pictures because the glare was so bad on my phone that I couldn't get any. I'm disappointed I don't have one with her though, but I'm sure there will be other chances down the road.

I'll never forget today. I know I've said it before but Liz is a HUGE part of my life and it's amazing to see how God lined everything up in our friendship so that this moment could take place on this day. I'm so thankful to have finally met the person I often call "my second sister." and to have met DK who loves and adores her the way she deserves to be loved!

Congratulations, Liz and DK! I'm beyond thankful to have been able to be a part of this day with the two of you. It meant more than you know. I look forward to continuing our journey as friends and continue to pray for you both daily and be thankful that God brought you into my life! You mean more to me than you will ever know and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for both of you as husband and wife! Love you guys!

No comments: