Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Twitterness of it All

I'm a twitter person, I like twitter, BUT I'm learning that it's all about WHO you are on twitter that will reflect how many followers you have.

There are a few people I follow on twitter that are in the industry of entertainment in some capacity or another. Three of those people I really enjoy and I @ them quite often. I have no clue why though, one of those people has over two thousand followers, the second one has over one thousand, and the third had over one hundred on his first day on twitter two days ago. Today he has 640 and climbing by the hour.

I love these people, but let's face it, they have no clue whether I follow or unfollow them at any given moment. I'm simply just another tweet, just another person, just another fan. It boggles my mind at times that people are always like "follow me on twitter..." and they already have an AMAZING amount of followers. How in the world do they keep up with everything? To be fair, the three people I've mentioned above, don't @ anyone, all of their tweets are general to everyone. I do however, know someone with over twenty five thousand followers who DOES @ reply to people, only it seems to me the SAME people get the replies.

When I was under the name PDempseyFan, I had 80 followers, most of them were greys fans or race car people. I rarely got @ replies when I mentioned something general about me, but when it was something about Patrick Dempsey, it got attention. Once again, all about who you are.

Now that I am under the name NatNicole1981 I have 9 followers. Nobody cares what Natalie Pearce is doing at any given moment, but if you're "in the public eye" they can't get enough.

I've slowed down my @ mentions to everyone, most of the time I simply don't see the point. it'll just get lost in the shuffle, but I still enjoy the peek I get into their world. :)

And to be fair to them, I purposefully didn't specifically mention the three people I especially enjoy.

No comments: