Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Look Back

I thought I would jot down some memorable moments of the past year. These are in no particular order. Enjoy the trip down my memory lane.

* Alexis started Kindergarten.

* Austin began going to pre-school full time.

* I began volunteering up at the Church every Friday.

* Mom, Dad, Kimberly, Justin, Lexi, Austin, Tazzie, and I all went to Galveston for a weekend and had a BLAST! We're making it a tradition and will be going back in 2010.

* Mom, Dad, and I went to Colorado for a week and are still in awe of God's beauty when we look at pictures. AND...Dad FINALLY saw his Colorado bear!

* Taylor Crocker was born.

* I got the surprise of a lifetime the day after my birthday (don't ask, won't tell)

* Michael W. Smith's "A New Hallelujah" came out and I fell in love with "Deep in Love with You"

* KSBJ was able to put their Listen Live feature back online.

* I discovered "Enation" and "Eyes of Grace" is now my favorite song of ALL time. A band that seeks God first!

* Lexi made a Home run during an All Stars softball tournament!

* Meredith and Derek got engaged in an elevator and "married" via post-it note on "Grey's Anatomy."

* I began to start enjoying "Brothers & Sisters" MORE than "Grey's Anatomy." (and the whole world gasps...I know).

* I deleted my Myspace account and jumped into the Facebook world.

* I got a twitter account.

* Jonathan Jackson returned to the role of Lucky on "General Hospital" after a TEN YEAR absence...And he and Becky Herbst still have what made me fall in love with them. And JJ continues to be sold out for Christ!

* Scott Reeves joined GH as Steven Webber and he and his wife Melissa have become two of my biggest inspirations because of the way they live their lives and seek God in all they do.

* I got an IPhone.

* Liz Jordan got engaged....LIVE on KSBJ.

* I watched and prayed while Patrick Dempsey raced in the 24 Hours of LeMans (yep, stayed up ALL night & still made it to church the next morning).

* I said "See ya later" to my Great Granny after she went to be with Jesus Christmas Eve.

* Trent and Ginny brought Ruthie home from China.

* It snowed like crazy while Kimberly, Mom & I were shopping in early December.

* We got a White Christmas while in Coppell for the holidays.

* My best friend since Kindergarten found out she was expecting her third child!

* I came to appreciate and be more grateful for my older sister and the relationship we have because at the end of the day, we're always going to be the only sisters we have.

All of the above things makes me thank God for His plan and for the simple things He has done that fill my heart. I pray that in 2010 I continue to fall more in love with Him and that I may reflect Him in all that I do.

I know there are AMAZING things ahead in 2010 and I pray that each of you have a year filled with God's best. May you know that you are loved and adored by Him, and I pray you seek Him in every way and that He reveals Himself to each of you in incredible ways in the coming year.

Love and hugs to all of you. God bless!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

2009 is definitely a year to remember! Thank you so much for including Taylor in there. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being there when I need you. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.

Kara Knafla said...

It sounds like you had a great year, your "Birthday Surprise" is still my favorite item on the list! I miss you on Facebook, Twitter lost its luster for me pretty quick! I wish you nothing but the best for 2010, and thank you for being my friend!