
I went out to dinner last night with some friends and once I got home checked in on Facebook and saw that Scott Reeves and his wife Melissa were having a live chat. I thought I had missed, but it turns out, I was right on time! I've been a fan of both Scott's and Melissa for years. Melissa was on Days of Our Lives for years when I was watching, and Scott was Ryan on Y&R several years ago. He just joined General Hospital this past week and it's so awesome to see him back on television!
I knew Scott and Melissa were Christians. I've read in interviews recently how Scott and Melissa never say never and they stay open to whatever God leads. I went to the chat last night and was blessed beyond words!
Melissa and Scott answered questions from us, and spoke openly about their love for the Lord and how they devote their lives to Him each day. Several people wrote in asking about their faith and Scott and Melissa were eager and happy to discuss anything and everything. One person even told them they (a chatter) was not a believer but that they enjoyed hearing people discuss their faith in Christ. It was awesome because we all started telling her we'd be praying for her. Melissa shared how she came to know Christ after meeting Scott. Their kids, Emily and Larry even came in and answered some questions! Steve Burton even called Scott while it was going on! LOL! They discussed their favorite musical artists (Scott has an AMAZING voice) and I said something about Michael W. Smith and shortly after Melissa said, "Oh look, somebody likes Michael W. Smith and they both said they were big MWS fans! I was of course, smiling from ear to ear!
I really didn't talk a lot during the chat, I just simply listened as they shared their lives and stories. I actually found myself tearing up more than once as they shared. And when the chat was over, I simply could not get Scott and Melissa off my mind.
As a believer, it is SO awesome to see two people within the entertainment industry living lives that reflect Jesus so clearly! The way they talked to each other, the easy banter between them, the way they interacted with each other as a family, the way they interacted with US...I can't speak for anyone else, but I know for me it felt as if I was in their living room listening as they shared with us. The chat was over entirely too soon and I could have sat there for hours talking about my faith and swapping stories back and forth.
I can't begin to tell you how much they have encouraged me and inspired me. It's so encouraging to know that they are there being a Light for Christ in a place and industry SO in need of Him! And it's not that they talk constantly about it, but they live the kind of life that CLEARLY reflects Him. Knowing that Scott, Jonathan Jackson, Steve Burton, and Rebecca Herbst (and more, I'm sure) are all on the GH set shining for Christ just makes me smile!
I pray that is how I live my life. That when people look at me, they see Him in all that I do. God's timing is perfect, because had I not gotten on Facebook when I did, I would have missed the chat and what that time did for me was a total God thing!
Please keep Scott, Melissa, Emily, and Larry in your prayers. They are in the process of moving into an apartment in L.A. since Scott is now on GH. They were in Nashville and still have animals and such there. Please just pray that the move goes well and that every need is taken care of. God is truly at work through them...I know, because I was touched by them last night!
To the Reeves family if you happen to read this: Thank you for your incredible story and for allowing God to work through you like He is. I can't begin tell you how much I appreciate the chat last night and how much it blessed and spoke to my heart. Thank you. Please know I am praying for you and I know that God will continue to be glorified through you. Love you guys! God bless!
1 comment:
I love Scott and Melissa... always have. Thanks so much for posting this!
Post a Comment