One year ago today, hurricane Ike made landfall.
I still remember SO clearly being glued to the television at my Aunt's house in Dallas watching the continuous coverage of things as it made landfall early that morning and watching the coverage all the next day as image after image showed the power of Ike and the devastation it caused so many. I remember coming home and on the way seeing truck after truck after truck of electrical companies and such heading south to do whatever they could to help. I remember seeing how blessed we were when our house sustained no damage and how quickly our power was restored when the people across the street had no power for close to a week. Take a look back at my post from a year ago HERE. My prayers continue to go out to those still trying to rebuild and put their lives back together.
I remember how God sustained us then and how He continues to sustain us a year later. I remember....And I'm thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment