Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Every Morning....

Yesterday was just a crappy day. To start off, these people called AGAIN and it was the first thing right off the bat I had to deal with. They always just make me want to crawl back in bed and sleep for the rest of the day. Thankfully, I was able to get my case CLOSED (unsuccessfully, since I have no paying job) but it IS closed and so they SHOULDN'T call me anymore...*crossing fingers*

Then, after being REALLY excited about this weekend's race, got some bad news that just deflated me even more and that kinda just ruined the rest of the day for me.

I was determined today was GOING to be better! Mom and I got up this morning and went and got our flu shots (yay! It's actually one of the few shots I WANT to get ASAP....I've HAD the flu before, DON'T want it again). They were giving them at Kimberly's work so I got to go there and see her and meet her co-workers. They seem like such a fun group of people to work with...No wonder Kimberly likes her job as much as she does! I also saw a very good friend of mine that knew me when I was in elementary school while I was there and was given one of the best hugs EVER! :)

After our shots, Mom and I headed to Conroe where we had lunch at The Olive Garden. We has one of the BEST waiter's. If you ever go to eat at The Olive Garden in Conroe, asked to be seated in Cass's section...We will DEFINITELY be requesting him next time we go (Kimberly, he reminded me of Dennis...). We sat close to these older ladies and noticed that the manager kept coming over to make pleasant conversation with them. Mom commented to them that they must be pretty special and one of the ladies said, "I just told my friend that something must be hanging out of the wrong place for us to be getting this attention...Something's GOT to be hanging out!" We all cracked up! It was hilarious!

After lunch we went to Starbucks (of course) where the lady that gave me my coffee asked how it was after I took a sip and when I told her "Wonderful!" she said, "Oh good! So glad you like it. Have a great day!" We drove away with Mom commenting on how NICE people were today.

We went to Michael's later and Mom ran into a friend while at the check out. Mom noticed the coupon she was going to use couldn't be used yet so Mom's friend said, "Here. I'm not going to use this and it's about to expire...." So they switched and then Mom noticed that the new coupon she had was for 50 percent off as opposed to the one she had just switched which was for 25 percent off. Mom tried to switch back saying how it wasn't right for her to take the coupon that was worth more, but Mom's friend said she wasn't going to use it and to take it...Isn't that sweet? So Mom ended up getting MORE off than she expected.

Mom and I were talking on the way home about how nice we had been treated and how sad it was that we noticed it in such a huge way, because it seems being kind is NOT the norm now days so when we encounter it, it REALLY stands out. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't how we were treated be the norm and the opposite of that be what stands out, but instead, Mom and I were continually shaking our heads today at the kindness we were shown.

It's been such a turnaround from yesterday....Just what my spirit needed and it just proved once again that God's mercies are new EVERY morning!

Thank you Dear Father for the random acts of kindness shown to us today. Thank You for the people You put in our path today to help refresh my spirit and show once more that all it takes is one small act to make things better. Thank You for the simple things Lord! Amen

Stop back by the blog on Tuesday September 22nd as I will be posting about something I'll be doing soon that I want YOU to be a part of! In the meantime...Keep shining your light for Him!

No comments: