Monday, April 20, 2009

Permission to Squeal, Please!

Photobucket Ellen Pompeo (Meredith, Grey's Anatomy) is pregnant!!!

I want to squeal for a lot of reasons: 1) Because seriously, Ellen is PREGNANT! That in itself is reason to do a snoopy dance around the room. 2) Kara and I were RIGHT...We've speculated for weeks that perhaps she may be. It's FINALLY out and we are free to squeal! And 3) STORYLINE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!! Oh my flippin' goodness....Can you IMAGINE?!?!

Now, I have NO idea if Ellen's pregnancy will be written into the show but NOW is the PERFECT time to write it in if Shonda wants to give them a baby. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

* Meredith and Derek recently had a discussion about babies. Meredith brought it up FIRST and didn't even flinch. She's ready! And when she questioned Derek about it, he wanted her babies.... "All of them." He's ready!

* Remember the house made out of candles? (As if you could forget!) There's a "room where our kids could play!" THEY ARE READY!!!!

*PD has said in countless interviews that he's ready for Meredith and Derek to be married and start having babies. He says it would be an interesting dynamic for Meredith to balance marriage, motherhood, and work. He's right! It would put them dealing with issues that REAL couples deal with, not to mention give them a very dynamic storyline they could play any number of ways. I REALLY hope Patrick has voiced his opinion to Shonda...And I hope she really listens.

* Meredith and Derek are now engaged. Another step to readiness....

* My guess is that a wedding or "union" -as a certain favorite actor of mine referred to it- will take place between them before the season is over. No, I don't think it will be during the 1ooth episode, but I believe it WILL HAPPEN.

So...How's that song go...."First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...." I think you get the picture. It would be nice to actually see a couple married BEFORE baby but that's the traditional part of me coming out. My POINT being....Everything is there, the stage is set, all Shonda has to do is take advantage of it!

I know there are reasons why a baby might NOT fit into the equation....So, I know there is a VERY good possibility that Shonda won't write it in BUT....Right now, I have every reason to hope...And of course, every reason to squeal.....

Congratulations, Ellen and Chris! *SQUEAL*

1 comment:

Kara Knafla said...

So many possibilities, only time will tell, let's hope for the best!