Probably a month ago now I was tagged by my friend (and practically second sister) Amanda to write my six word memoir known as a meme. Thanks, Amanda for the very thought provoking challenge!
Taken from her blog (that she took from HER friend's blog):
This Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser Not Quite What I was planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet $10 that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."
Ever since Amanda tagged me, I've really thought about this. I'd find myself thinking about it in the car, at the dinner table, while cleaning the kitchen, and so on. How could I accurately and honestly sum up my life and myself in SIX WORDS?!? It was QUITE a challenge indeed, but it REALLY got me thinking about what REALLY sums me up. It got me to cut through all the extra stuff and just get down to the "meat" of my soul, if you will. A lot of things have been up in the air for me lately which made this even more difficult, but there were a few (and I mean VERY few) things that have remained echoing in my heart.
I've seen that there are three things that have kept me going. Three things that keep me believing that because of Who I serve, ANYTHING is possible.
My Six Word Meme:
Eternally Thankful. Eternally Hopeful. Eternally Blessed.
I pass the same challenge along to YOU that was passed to me. And I leave you with this question....What is YOUR six word memoir?
2 comments:
Love it! What a great meme!
Natalie:
You've got two good ones here, actually:
"Who I serve, ANYTHING is possible..."
Have a great week!!
Post a Comment