Friday, April 20, 2012

March of Dimes 2012- Team Kyle

It's that time of year when I raise money for a cause very near and dear to my heart....Because of a little boy that is near and dear to my heart: Kyle Sherrill. Here is an e-mail from Kelly, Kyle's Mom with a brief update on what Kyle's been up to since last years MOD walk:

"Kyle is 4 now - and he is amazing! God's healing is evident everyday. I feel like MOD snuck up on me this year! My focus has really been on therapy lately. We are starting to see some struggle in the fine motor and attention/focus areas. ...I remember being in the NICU and wondering why the doctors cared so much about these things - all I wanted was for him to live. Well... now I see why these things are so important! But we are not taking no for an answer - we are working hard everyday and everyday Kyle sees success! He is such a hard worker! and just for an update we got kyle into a school that can take him all the way to 6th grade. They believe in 2 teachers per classroom so the highest ratio will be 8 students to 1 teacher! They use the same fine motor curriculum that Kyle's OT uses and its the best out there! Also they have gross motor and motor planning toys on their play ground and best of all they will let kyle move at the pace that is best for him. We can delay kindergarten if need be and he can learn to read and write at his own pace. I am so thankful and so excited!"

Seems like March of Dimes snuck up on all of us this year. The walk is April 29th this year and with that being only about two weeks away, there's not enough time to raise a lot of money. However, if you are interested in supporting this great cause and "Team Kyle" please go HERE and purchase a t-shirt....Nine dollars of every shirt purchased will go to March of Dimes and help babies born early like Kyle and myself!

I know the majority of you don't know Kyle, (and some of you have never even met me) so you're probably wondering why you should bother buying a shirt for someone you don't know. My answer to that is simple: Every time I wear my "Team Kyle" shirts out, there's always usually at least one person that asks "Who is Kyle?" that opens the door for me to tell people Kyle's story and the incredible miracle God did in (and continues to do) in his life! If YOU were to buy a "Team Kyle" shirt, not knowing him, but knowing me, you would have TWICE the chance to tell of not only Kyle's story, but mine as well! AND...March of Dimes gets some money from it! It's a win/win situation for all!

If you choose not to buy a shirt, that is totally understandable! Many of you have supported me when I have raised money for this in years past, I greatly appreciated it and I hope you will support me in the years to come! I would ask that whether you buy a shirt or not, that you pray for Kyle as he continues therapy and as he prepares for school. Pray for his parents Kelly and John for wisdom as they make decisions for him.

Thank you all for your support of this amazing little guy and of this great cause! I appreciate it more than you know (and Kyle does too)!

No comments: