Friday, August 12, 2011

Rookie Blue: "Monster"

* Oh my gosh, you guys...THE BOXING SCENE!!! I've seen this scene ALL summer in the promo and was aching to see it....Was afraid it had been left on the editing room floor, but then it appeared last night and....SQUEAL!!!!!!!! THE BOXING SCENE!!!!!!!! *Big breath* Okay, I shall return to this later, just had to get the initial "squeee" out so I could focus on the rest of this.

* So far the FUNNIEST episode of the season!!

* Our first scene and Sam and Andy fans were treated with an awesome take down of the guy who identifies himself later as "Grouchy Smurf" thanks to the dye pack that exploded in his face leaving him very....Smurf looking.

* Sam and Andy on the other side of the interrogation room window. Andy has Jo's lotion, Sam says she needs to move on, Andy says she's has moved on, and Sam replies for her to really move on she needs to take an ax to Jo's desk. Andy says moved through most of the stages of grief and acceptance must be just around the corner...She attempts too look confident at Sam to which he replies, "Do you need an ax?" LOL

* I flippin' LOVE when my couple is partnered together....They are a dream team! Case and point, Sam COULD be playing poker with the rest of the guys, but instead he's munching on an apple as he and Andy listen it while Chris tries to get info. from Grouchy Smurf....The glances Sam tosses her way are not lost on me. He knows she's wound tighter than an eight day clock because of the Luke fiasco and "almost dying in a storage locker three weeks ago...."

* And when she's forced to call Luke....Sam watches closely as she fumbles her way through the conversation, hanging up so fast, headsets go on the floor, and wires go flying here and there. Sam knows she needs an outlet.

* The smiles they share as they realize "grouchy smurf" has a wife...Another victory for the dream team! And when she is found in the empty house and turns around revealing a blue face like that of her husbands, Di texts... "Oh look....Smurfette!" ROTFLMBO!! And THAT has been our running joke for hours now! Seriously laughed so hard I almost missed the final segment of the show!

* Traci's message to her son had me all teary and reaching for the tissues....Awesome scene!

* I heart Oliver, I heart Oliver, I heart Oliver, I HEART OLIVER!

* Frank and Noelle...Love them! At least she put the baby desire out there and it was, "whether we make it or not, I want a baby, and nothing has changed that." She put every card on the table....Frank's turn.

* Andy asks Sam if he wants to go to the Penny for breakfast. Sam's response, "I can't, but I have something YOU need to do, right now. Come here..." Sam leads her off starting to unbutton is uniform.

* And then...The boxing scene...Oh my gosh, the boxing scene ya'll!!! They're in a gym...Andy's confused. Sam's in got his uniform off leaving him wearing the black shirt he had on earlier. "You need to hit something...." Sam tells her handing her the gloves. A small laugh from Andy...."Hit what?" Sam looks at her with a raised eyebrow as he finishes strapping some gloves on himself...."Me." he states. Andy laughs, drops the gloves and says she's fine. That gets her a light tap on the shoulder from Sam...And once Andy realizes how serious he is, she's strapping on the gloves and an all out sparring session ensues! They laugh, jab, smile, jab, and laugh some more....And FINALLY, we see a light return to Andy's eyes that hasn't been there in weeks and she and Sam share a knowing smile as they continue to spar! Welcome back, McNally! Sam knew just what you needed! LOVED. THAT. SCENE.

And now all I have left to ask is, "Is it Thursday yet?" ;-)






No comments: