Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Year Older!

Yesterday was my birthday! I love birthday's and I love celebrating them!

I spent most of my day hanging out with my two loves: Alexis and Austin. They spent most of their day making homemade gifts for me that I couldn't see until that night when it was time to open gifts.

* After my sister and brother-in-law got off work we all went out to eat at our new favorite Mexican food restaurant (the restaurant itself isn't new, just new to US. Kimberly got us hooked on it). It's housed in a trailer, and when you drive up to it for the first time, your first thought that would most likely be, "How good can the food be that gets cooked in a trailer?" Let me tell ya, their fajitas are AMAZING!

After dinner we headed home where I opened my gifts. The big one this year being a new ipod. Mine old one was on the fritz. It's the classic style like my previous one just updated with more room and a few new features. As I type this, it's hooked up to my computer charging and syncing my music. Can't wait to hear music without the sound of static in the background! Alexis and Austin gave me some beautiful heart earrings (one heart for each of them) and presented me with some precious homemade gifts (pictures and cards).

We then had cake (Honeybun--Seriously, it's like a huge honeybun) and milk! After Everybody left, Mom, Dad, and I went to the movies and saw "The Help." Decent movie, but LONG!

As I reflect over the past year, I can't help but think about how blessed I am. Alexis and Austin are both happy and healthy, my parents are still loving retired life, Kimberly loves her job. I've had to let long time friendships go, while seeing new friendships develop leaving me to wonder how I've lived this long without some people in my life. I'm blessed to be able to "do life" with so many incredible family and friends

It's been an incredible year, and I have no idea what the NEXT year holds, but I know Who holds the next year and so I roll on with gratefulness, excitement, and peace!

No comments: