Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rookie Blue: What You Need To Know

For those that will be reading my Rookie Blue Entries this summer, here's what you need to know:

-The series revolves around the lives of five rookie cops, with emphasis on the life of rookie, Andy McNally.

-Andy's Father is an ex-cop. Andy's Mom left them when Andy was young.

-When season two open, Andy has moved in with boyfriend, detective Luke Callahan.

-Andy however, has feelings with her (now) ex-training officer Sam Swarek.

-Andy arrested two drug dealers on her first day, only to find out one of them was Sam Swarek who had been working undercover for MONTHS trying to get information on the dealers. Sam was none to pleased that a rookie blew his cover. Obviously, he got over it. :-)

-Andy and Sam almost gave in to their feelings on the night of a heatwave and blackout of the city. Andy had to shoot someone in self defense and ended up killing them. It was the first time she had killed someone on the job. She showed up at Sam's house, for what Sam thought was a talk. Andy had other ideas, but the power came on before things could go very far.

-In the season finale. Andy and Sam went undercover as a couple, while nothing was ever said outright, it was clear that both clearly care for each other.

- I am a Sam/Andy fan. If I were a paid entertainment reporter. I realize I would have to be more objective and give everyone a fair share of coverage. Since I am not, know that I will probably talk more about Andy/Sam than anyone else.

-I am not a Luke (Andy's current boyfriend) fan. I gave it an honest effort and just can't like him, didn't care for the character before he was dating Andy, now I REALLY don't care for him.

-Andy's best friend is Traci who has a son.

-I am not a Gail fan (she's the blond rookie)

-Love Oliver. You'll meet him soon enough.

-Enjoy Chris and Dov as well. You'll know who they are soon too.

-My episode commentaries will either be posted on Thursday nights or at some point Friday and may be nothing more than highlights, or full details. As I said above, I reserve the right not to talk about things I didn't find interesting.

-If you will be watching for the first time and have any questions on what you see or don't understand something, please leave a comment and I will answer them in my next "Rookie Blue" blog entry!

****Season Two begins tomorrow (if you're a subscriber, that would be, TODAY, Thursday, June 23rd) at 10/9 central on ABC. Please tune in, DVR or record it! I think you'll like what you see!****

No comments: