Friday, April 29, 2011

Today, Her Prince Has Come!


Growing up, I always dreamed of becoming a Princess. My childhood best friend and I spent hours together pretending to be Royals going to a ball, and I spent more than one Halloween in a fake crown and dress going door to door telling my neighbors,"Trick or Treat! Princess Natalie needs candy!"



This morning, I was up at three a.m. along with two billion other people, and watched as Kate Middleton wed her Prince, and in doing so, became a true Princess!


I drank in every single thing about the ceremony. From Prince William arriving to the abbey in his royal garb, to the absolutely beautiful bride walking in with her father, her incredible gown and train flowing behind her.


I smiled as Prince William whispered, "you look beautiful" to his bride upon her reaching the alter, and my ears drank in the accents as the couple spoke their vows to each other (because you know my love for accents--Especially, British accents).

I took in the glances and smiles they gave each other during the ceremony, and my heart loved the phrases spoken by the archbishop when he said, "Be who God meant you to be, and you can set the world on fire!" Everything in me loved how it was stated that all weddings are Royal because we are all children of the Creator, and I loved how the Creator was deeply woven into the entire service.

The romantic in me loved the way William gently helped his new wife as they kneeled to pray, making sure she was settled before bowing his head, and how he held her hand securely and confidently as they exited the church to throngs of well wishers and helped her in the carriage. Once settled, Kate looked to her husband and appeared to say, "I'm so happy!"


*I* was so happy about an hour later when the new Duke and Duchess appeared on the balcony to wave to the crowd. Upon giving each other the traditional balcony kiss, they seemed to respond to the crowds chants of "Kiss again! Kiss again! Kiss again!" William appeared to be coaxing his wife playfully with a few words as she laughed, and a few seconds later, their lips met again for an unheard of SECOND balcony kiss! The couple laughed at the roaring applause, gave a last wave, joined hands and headed back inside once more.

Yes, I've always dreamed of becoming a princess, and today, my dream, became Kate's reality! I pray for them as they begin this journey together. May they be protected, blessed, and guided by the One who joined them together!


Congratulations, William and Kate!


*Disclaimer: NONE of the images in this entry are mine.*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very nicely done, the wedding was beautiful, and the pictures are gorgeous!