Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Special Delivery!

After the Royal Wedding, People Magazine announced that it would be doing a special issue all about the big event. It was said to hit newsstands this last Monday and since I'm no longer a subscriber, a mad hunt was on whenever anybody I knew was going to any store. Nobody could find it anywhere!


Fast forward to today. Just being me, I posted a status on FB saying, "WANTED" With a picture of the cover of the magazine. Alexis had early release from school today and Austin stayed home sick so after I posted it, I didn't give it much thought.


We were on our way to pick up a pizza after getting Alexis from school when I got a text message from one of the two guys in my life that I consider to be my big brothers (the reason why is for another post, on another day). We hadn't talked in close to a month because life has gotten insane for both of us. His text asked what I was up to and if I had found my People Magazine yet. I responded with a laugh and a "No! I can't find it anywhere!"


Two hours later, Mom's at the store, Austin has been picked up for a doctor's appointment, and Lexi is in the living room watching T.V. when I get another text:


Him: Where are you?

Me: Home. Why?

Him: Stay there.


A few minutes later, my doorbell rings. I open the door to find him standing there with a grin on his face. After a hug, he says,"Here ya go, hotshot!" and presents me with the People Magazine I had been searching for! After stunned thank you's, another round of hugs, he headed back to work!


And I was left with my mouth hanging open and Lexi firing question after question at me about who the guy was and how I knew him, (along with having to explain to her that "No, just because we said "love you" to each other as he left, does not mean we dated." LOL!) About a minute after he left, I got another text:


Him: "That's cause you're awesome...."


There are people in my life that tell me a lot of things, today someone not only told me, but showed me as well, with a very special royal delivery!














1 comment:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

YAY! so excited for you. :)